Sometimes we have seen that due to hectic schedule & workload people in rush thumb a send button and incomplete or misspelled emails, or wrong mails deliver to a person. This slip puts a user in a situation of trouble. If this scenario often happens with you, then this article is for you. In this piece of words, we will teach you how to unsend an email so you can protect yourself from the unwanted issues of wrongly sent mails. Luckily all the major email service providers added unsend features in their lists. All you need to make use of this within a specified period.
Unsend an Email in Gmail:
Gmail Posteingang launched gmail inloggen undo send feature in the year 2015. This feature works on all the platforms like web, Ios, and Android app.
Steps to unsend emails on the web/android/ios:
If you are using a Gmail on any of the platforms, then below mentioned steps will help you out:-
- Go to your gmail account.
- Open your inbox.
- Now, hit the gear button present at the top of your screen.
- Click on it.
- You will see a number of options, select > settings
- Then Enable undo send option
- Lastly, click on “save changes” to finish.
From now onwards you will see an undo option every time when you send an email. Click on the undo button to reverse your action. (Note: Stay on the same page while performing this action. And click only when required otherwise you will lose a chance.)
Steps to Change Time Duration
- Go to the home page of google and Web.de login to your gmail account.
- Go to the settings option (Available at the top right of your screen ) and select it by clicking.
- Now, select your time period (Range between 5 sec to 30 sec.)
Unsend Email on Outlook
Undo email on outlook works a bit differently unlike Gmail. In outlook and gmx.de, the user can unsend email until the email remained unopened by the other party. And both the users are using Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange.
- Go to the >Sent Items folder (Available on the left-hand side of your outlook screen.)
- Find out or select the email which you want to undo.
- Open that mail by marking double click on it.
- Now, go to the Message tab.
- Click on the Action, then choose to recall this message option.
If you are unable to find above-mentioned option, then this is due to the following probable reasons-
- Your email has been opened by the recipient,
- Another party may don’t have Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Exchange email account or
- The recall feature is in a disabled state.
Unsend an Email with Others:
Some of the famous email service providers like AOL, Mail.com, iCloud, and GMX do not have this feature. So if you’re the user of such kind of mails, then you have to take one extra step in comparison to others i.e take the help of third-party email clients. Mailbird and Spark are the best-known names in this field. Former runs on windows (7,8,10) only and the latter one is suitable for Android, iOS, and macOS.
Unsend Email with Mailbird
First, you are required to install mailbird in your device. The process of installing is common like other apps/softwares.
- Make a change in the setting > enable them.
- Click on the hamburger menu.
- Go to the Settings and select it.
- Now go to the composing tab to the Composing tab and drag your cursor towards the Sending section available at the bottom of your screen.
- The next step is to make changes in the time slot so that you can unsend emails within that limit.
- After selecting the time you are ready to use an unsend email feature.
From this time whenever you send an email. A small popup box will appear on the screen with words “sending” along with a small undo button.
- All your unsend emails automatically moved to the Drafts folder of your mailbox.
Unsend Email with Spark
While using a spark you must keep in mind that it just gives you only 5 seconds offers to perform your desired task. This time limit is very less yet can save you from a huge loss.
Steps for macOS, iOS, and Android Users:
Spark helps you in annulling all kinds of actions associated with the emails. Whenever you send, move, the pin can an email, You can use spark to undone.
All you need to do these-
- i) Make click on Undo option present at the bottom of your screen or
- ii) Use Command + Z and you will see your last action is altered or
- iii) You can also shake your device.
Steps for unsending a mail:
- Open > desired mail folder.
- Long press on the mail. Here you will see several action options> choose the appropriate one and swipe. ( While using spark in MacOS then you don’t need to swipe.)
Some other tips:
Although this feature can save you from unwanted situations. But in my opinion, don’t become habitual of using this. Instead, try to apply these suggestions while working with Emails.
- Delete the mail after using this feature.
- Use email organizers.
- If not necessary avoid sending emails during busy hours or in stress.
- Make a habit of unsubscribing mails if they are not useful.
- Use spell checker or auto-correct etc. for avoiding minor mistakes.